In 1936, General Francisco Franco, led the Spanish military forces revolt against the democratic government, initiating the Spanish Civil War that came to an end when Franco’s forces captured Madrid in 1939. Franco established a dictatorship and named himself “Generalísimo” and the Falange Party.
- Ideology: Establish a military dictatorship.
- Goals of Ideology: Military strength and nationalism.
- Secret Police and Paramilitary Groups: Political Social Brigade.
- Social Organizations: He created a strong bourgeoisie.
- Military Actions: The army repressed the society; there was abuse and corruption.
- Economic Actions: Economic Development.
- Social Actions: Campaign for the rise of population.
- “Falange.” Encyclopedia Britannica. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Apr. 2013.<http://global.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/200638/Falange>.
- Spielvogel, Jackson. Glencoe World History. E.U.A: National Geographic, 2008. P.979.