In 1920, Benito Mussolini formed the Blackshirts and in 1922 he used his position as prime minister to create a fascist dictatorship. In 1926 he had total control and he ruled Italy as Il Duce “The Leader”. He was the leader of the National Fascist Party.
- Ideology: Strong central government, nationalism and anticommunism.
- Goals of Ideology: Glorify the state, dictatorial rule, supremacy of military power, progress and crime free society.
- Secret Police and Paramilitary Groups: OVRA: watch citizens and enforced government policies.
- Social Organizations: Fascist Youth: military activities and values. Family was the pillar of the state and women were to be housemakers.
- Military Actions: Military repressed society, social Darwinism and concentration camps.
- Economic Actions: Nationalization of Industries. Capitalist-Social economy.
- Social Actions: Bring back the Roman Empire and society regeneration.
- “Slavophile.” Encyclopedia Britannica. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Apr. 2013.<http://global.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/548498/Slavophile>.
- Spielvogel, Jackson. Glencoe World History. E.U.A: National Geographic, 2008. P.979.