In 1921, Hirohito went on a six-month tour of Europe, becoming the first member of the Japanese imperial family to travel abroad.Hirohito became emperor in 1926 when his father Yoshihito died. He was called Imperial Highness or “Shōwa”.
- Ideology: Japanese Militarism.
- Goals of Ideology: Military strength.
- Secret Police and Paramilitary Groups: Tokkō.
- Social Organizations: Black Dragon, Nation Service Society.
- Military Actions: Invasion of Manchuria, Kamikaze attacks and naval battles.
- Economic Actions: Industrialized the country and improved the trading.
- Social Actions: Campaigns that promote nationalism.
- BBC News. BBC, n.d. Web. 03 Apr. 2013.<http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/hirohito_emperor.shtml>.
- Spielvogel, Jackson. Glencoe World History. E.U.A: National Geographic, 2008. P.979.